Thursday, February 6, 2014

I Survived! (107)

Jillian Michaels kicked my ass.

Below is the full array of workout DVDs collected in the last couple of years through various weight loss challenges. I have yet to try the Beach body T25 (we just got it today), but out of all the rest, Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred is far and above my favorite.



While I'm not a fan of being told that "pain is fear leaving the body," I am a huge fan of the 30 minute workout that always makes me sweat and sore. Odd for a big girl I know, but I love the brevity of it and how I know that if I can survive the next three minutes of strength in the third circuit, I only have two minutes of cardio and one minute of abs before I am done - and that ladies and gents, gives me the strength and will power to continue.

It actually quite sad, this 30 minute workout had my calves twitching and shaking like dry leaves in a wind storm. That just goes to show how out of shape I am. But, and as much as I hate to say it, my parents are right, after all is said and done I do feel better. Of course I am writing this almost two hours after I finished the workout and a nice long shower.

Well, that was day one of adding exercise to my life. I plan to continue this streak for five consecutive days. Stay tuned to see if I survive T25!

No comments:

Post a Comment